Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A knock at the door

Imagine, if you will, you are sitting at home, it is early evening, and there is a knock at the door.

You get up to go see who it is.

Upon opening the door, there is a man there, in his 30's, dressed in contemporary clothes.

He has long hair, and a beard.

You say "Can I help you?"

And he says, "You are _______________", I am glad to meet you, I am Jesus, and I have a message for you, may I come in?".

Do you drop to your knees and honor him for this blessed occasion?

Or do you slam the door shut and call the police?


Point is, "how" will you recognize Him when he comes anockin?

There are no descriptions of Him, other than artist renditions of their preconceived notions of what he might look like.



(No, I did not get a visit, but I did have a revelation of sorts, as to which I will be analyzing for some time to come. )